Announcing a New Video Contest for Canada’s 150th Anniversary!
To mark Canada’s 150th Anniversary, Freeze Frame and Historica Canada are looking for joint submissions for the 2017 Freeze Frame Youth Video Contest. Entering this contest gives you the chance to have your video seen by theatre audiences at Freeze Frame’s International Film Festival for Kids of All Ages (March 5 and 12, 2017) and, later, in the national contest, #HeresMyCanada.
Video submissions must reflect Canadian culture, history or identity. This is a chance for you to have fun and be creative as you celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday, or to take a moment to reflect on darker chapters in our nation’s history.
Deadline extended to February 20, 2017
Freeze Frame and Historica accept videos made by youth ages 6 to 18 years in three age categories:
- Junior (ages 6-10 years)
- Intermediate (ages 11-14 years)
- Senior (ages 15-18 years)
Freeze Frame offers prizes in the following categories:
- Best Animation
- Best Live Action
- Most Promising Filmmaker
- Technical Achievement
- Best Acting
- Best Music Video
In addition to the Freeze Frame prizes, eligible submissions will automatically be entered in Historica Canada’s Contest. For a list of prizes vist: www.heresmycanada.ca/prizes/
- To be eligible to enter the national Historica Canada Contest, the videos must be 30 seconds or less in length (Freeze Frame will accept longer videos to a maximum of 7 minutes, but these will not be eligible for consideration by Historica Canada).
- Videos may be submitted in any language. Videos submitted in languages other than French or English must be accompanied by a written transcript in English or French (Word or PDF file).
- All formats (animation, live action, etc.) and all genres (fiction, documentary) are eligible.
- An entrant who is below the age of majority must have the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter the Contest and to submit their personal information in connection with the Contest. By submitting an entry to the Contest, any entrant who is below such age of majority is stating that they have such consent.
- Waivers (permission to be filmed) must be signed by all persons appearing in any video submitted, waivers for minors must be signed by a parent or legal guardian, on behalf of all minors appearing in videos and submitted with video entries.
- Technical format: QuickTime (.mov), MPEG4 (.m4) or .m4v
- Resolution: 1280 x720 or 1920 x 1080 (rate 16:9)
- Please send us your videos via Wetransfer.com and completed waiver to: email@example.com
For more information call us: 204 943 5341