Type of Job: Paid Internship (only full time post secondary students under thirty years of age are eligible)
Job Duration: 12 to 16 weeks (60 to 80 days), starting January 2017
Wage: $16.00/hour + monthly bus pass
Job Summary: Provide communications and administrative support to the senior management team of Freeze Frame Media Arts Centre for young people.
The Organization: Freeze Frame Media Arts Centre for Young People is a not-for-profit and charitable organization, offering workshops and programs throughout the year, including the International Film Festival for Kids of All Ages each spring. Freeze Frame’s year round media arts and literacy programs reach over 10,000 young people in Manitoba annually.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring timely, efficient communications and administrative support for a variety of activities in both English and French to the senior management team (Executive Director and Artistic Director).
Under the direct supervision of the senior management team the candidate will:
- Update and maintain the Freeze Frame audience and partner database
- Implement marketing and promotional plans;
- Conduct follow up phone calls and other outreach activity to stimulate workshop and Festival registrations;
- Collect, organize and post information on line and through social media;
- Take, document, and prepare payment requests and receipts for workshop and Festival registration;
- Update and maintain tracking charts for workshops, films, sponsors, schools, audience, etc.;
- Coordinate logistics relative to equipment and facilitators for workshops;
- Coordinate administrative logistics relative to film rentals;
- Coordinate special events and other duties as assigned;
- Have increasing responsibility for written communications in both French and English;
- Have the opportunity to contribute to the planning and programming process of special events, programs and services.
This program is supported by Young Canada Works, only fulltime post-secondary students 30 years of age or younger on the first day of employment are eligible.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French
- Highly organized creative problem solver
- Independent worker who can integrate a small team
- Experience in administration and/or communications preferred
- Experience in the not for profit cultural sector is an asset